A celebration of movement of the body with a gentle yoga flow.
Yin Yoga Training Module (CEC eligible)
Join us for this CEC eligible training covering everything Yin. This module covers:
1. Yin Philosophy
2. Anatomy of Yin
3. The foundations of Yin vs Yang based yoga practices
4. Yin asanas
5. Class design
Saturday April 29 10-5 & Sunday April 30 10-5 2017
To register: call (613) 283-6163
Add some YIN to your life.
Teaching Yoga For Cancer
This workshop is designed for yoga teachers wishing to increase their knowledge, skills and competency in teaching group or private classes with cancer patients or survivors. This workshop will cover:
1. An overview of the pathology of cancer, common types, definitions, and treatments from the western and eastern approaches and side effects of common treatments,
2. The psychological and emotional impact of the diagnosis and treatment of cancer on the individual.
3. Designing safe and effective yoga class for survivors and patients based upon yoga philosophy, an understanding of the side effects of treatment and the anatomy of the cancer.
4. The terminology used among patents, medical personnel and survivors.
5. Understanding how language can be used to support cancer patients.
6. The impact of nutrition, lifestyle and emotional health in prevention, treatment and ongoing health.
This is an interactive workshop and will include opportunities to practice theory learned.
This workshop is eligible for 14 hours CECs and 1 hour non- contact. This workshop is eligible for the 300/500 hour designation. * This workshop is re-current and runs annually.
Cost: $175.00 includes HST, receipts provided
Using Yoga as a Tool to Managing the Physical and Emotional Effects of Cancer
Broaden Your Practice. Explore your Possibilites, 200 Hour YTT
What happens when over 30 years and 4,ooo teaching hours in yoga, yoga philosophy, ayurveda meets with like-mned professionals in mental health; healthcare; meditaton and chiropractor care? Oh, throw in some great E-RYT 500 and 300 yoga teachers and professional training developers and you get a Yoga Alliance approved Yoga Teacher Training program like no other. Classes are kept to a maximum of 10 to ensure an optimun learning environment.
Dates for 2016 Regular Session (8 months):
Sept 10 & 11, Oct 15 & 16, Nov 19 & 20, Dec 10 & 11
Jan 7 & 8, 2017, Feb 10 & 11, 2017, Mar 10 & 11, 2017, April 8, 9, 22 & 23, 2017
We are a certified private educational institute, your investment is eligible for education tax credits, receipt issued.
Yoga Teacher Training 200 Hour, 2200.00, Save 300.00 if you register by July 15/16
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (CEC Eligible)
Learn to effectively and confidently teach a group or individuals restorative yoga, allowing students to relax and open to homeostasis through passive supported stretches. Nurturing and
adjustments to specific needs and abilities.
Dates: Friday, September 16, 6-8 pm
Saturday, September 17, 0930-530 pm
Sunday, September 18, 0930-530 pm
-Guidelines & Principles -restorative yoga and the emotional effects on the for teaching restorative yoga student
-restorative yoga poses -restorative yoga and it's effects on the nervous system
-variations & props system and organs.
-sequencing -adjustments for support
-pranayama -practice time with feedback
Cost and Registration:
$300.00, register by September 1 and save 50.00 (eligible for tutition tax credits)
$20.00 Friday night restorative class only
Time: Friday 6-8 pm
Saturday and Sunday 0930-530 pm
Fees include: manual, Restorative Yoga Teacher Certificate, 200 hour yoga teachers eligible for Yoga Alliance CEU's and training can be applied towards YWS' 300 hour Advanced - therapeutic certification. 5 class package valid for 1 year.
Minimum of 6 required Maxiumum registration 16
Sleep Yoga - yes please!
Yoga and Ayurveda: Dosha Balancing Practices (CEC Eligible)-Online YTT Course
This workshop is designed for yoga teachers and students, who want to add more depth to their personal practice and classes using the concepts of Ayurveda to balance the Doshas.
This course consists of 9 lectures and will cover:
1. Philosophy of Ayurveda
2. The law of causation & concept of karma.
3. The relationship between yoga and Ayurveda
4. How health is defined in Ayurveda
5The Doshas and signs of imbalance
6. How the tools of yoga can be used to balance the Doshas-asana, pranayama, mantra, mudras and meditation. 7. Sample yoga practices based upon the pacifying the Doshas
Online Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga & Trauma: Fundamental Theory (Eligible CEC)-Online Training
This online module is designed for yoga teacher,s but open to anyone, covers:
1. Basic theories of trauma; what are triggers
2. Methodology: Stress Reduction; Exposure theory and cognitive restructuring
3. Integration of yoga as a tool for those experiencing trauma
4. Effect of cueing on empowering the student
5. The role of the yoga teacher in facilitating self-inquiry